Saturday, May 09, 2009

Cooking 101: Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp & Tomato


As long as I can afford to buy fresh shrimps this recipe I'm going to share with you will always be in my cooking list at least once or twice a week. I do writes a list of the recipe I'm going to cook and the ingredients I'm going to buy for the week in order to fasten my task. The husband and I are both like the Angel Hair Pasta for some reason. So I always stocks a few boxes of it in our house in case the stores are running out of stock. (not! hehe) Tomatoes in the other hand are our favorite fruit (?) if you may ask why tomato is a fruit? technically it is a fruit, it is also consider as a berry. go figure through Google!)
Also tomato is our favorite food ingredient especially for the pasta. Such as dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and the sauce. We actually try to stay away from butter base sauce for our pasta because of the cholesterol. Besides in Italy tomato sauce was their famous main ingredient for their pasta even until now, so I stuck from the original. :) Anyway, to cook on this was so easy. It does not requires a lot of your time.

Here are what I usually add on the ingredients:

*Angel Hair pasta noodles, fresh shrimps, fresh cherry tomatoes, dried tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, baby carrots, dry white wine, tomato paste, garlic, onion, bell pepper, salt & ground pepper to taste.*

Please bear with me as I could not give you the exact ratio of each ingredients. When I cook, I do estimation. Adding amount of ingredients are according on what my taste like. For example, if I am planning to consume this for 2 days I will add 10 pieces of large fresh shrimps in it with 6 pieces of cherry tomatoes, a few drop of dry white wine and tomato paste something like that. It's like "go figure again"?! Sorry. hehe

Here how's to cook:

1. Cook noodles in boiling salted water until it firm. Drain.
2. In a separate pan toast the spices ingredients with olive oil in just a few minute, then add the shrimps and baby carrots cook until the shrimps turn brown.
3. Add a few amount of dry white wine following the cherry tomatoes, dried tomatoes, and the tomato paste. Simmer in just a few more minutes.
4. Add noodles to the heated sauce, mix it.

Voila, that's it! You will never disappoint the taste because it does taste good. Promise.

No comments: