Saturday, June 25, 2011

Frittata

Sounds foreign to me and is always heard it on Food Network TV shows. That's when I start to get curious about it. You know me, I love new things. :)  So I research for a recipe, and only found out that this Italian Frittata is similar to an omelette that I grew up eating. It's just that the Italian have their own ways of cooking it. Anyway, without further ado here's my frittata.



I separate the egg yolks from egg whites before beating them because I want my egg whites to beat foamy.
photos from left: egg yolks, right: egg whites


Foamy- beaten egg whites over the yolks.



Other ingredients: diced scallions, tomatoes, and sliced shallots.



I melt the butter and add a few drop of evoo in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Then I add scallions, tomatoes, and shallots; cook and stir until 3-5 minutes. And then mix the crab meat and salt & pepper in the saute herbs afterwards.


Pour egg mixtures in the skillet over the sauteed scallions, tomatoes, shallots, and crab meat. Cook until egg mixture is almost set. Remove from heat. Broil the frittata in the preheated broiler, heat until the top is set.





This is my frittata version looks like. It is oohh-sooo-good, yum!


I have it with broccoli, and baked medley-baby-potatoes (deserves of its own entry which reminds me to do later).


recipe here

No comments: