Friday, July 29, 2011

Local Travel: Banaue Rice Terraces and Everglades Park

Today I read an interesting article on one of my-daily-read sites 'Lonely Planet' about Before it's too late: The Worlds Most Endangered Sights - that includes Banaue Rice Terraces, Philippines and The Everglades National Parks, Florida. The two are among the other greatest natural and cultural history sights such as Abu Mena, Egypt, Medieval monuments, Kosovo, Tombs of Buganda Kings, Kasubi, Uganda, etc. are great places to travel and see before it's too late or become ruins. Full story here

Oddly may it seems but I haven't been to and see The Banaue Rice Terraces in Luzon while I live most of my life in the Philippines. It's a shame I know.... but really I dreamt about to go there someday. This is one of wonders of the world and it always amaze me how the ancient Filipinos made this rice terraces by hand.


Same thing with Everglades National Parks in Florida, USA - I have not been into glades park since I moved here 5 years ago. It's a shame, I know... I know... but why is that the locals do not like to travel much locally? There are so many beautiful sites in our local land but we always go further outside to travel. I have to take this chance now. Certainly.

photo credits: google images

No comments: