Friday, November 18, 2011

Apply for U.S. Passport


Please pinch me, I still can't believe I now own a U.S. passport. It's fresh from the mailbox! :) When I open the envelop I first notice the brochure with that  large bold words " With Your U.S. Passport, the World is Yours! " my heart is pumping with joy! I wear the smiley face the whole time I get through reading the brochure and my passport.  So surreal. Wish I can literally apply that words in real life. Wish I can travel the whole world! I don't know if I can afford that *sigh* :(

Anyhow, the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs told me that they releasing a new Electronic Passport book- it contains a small chip that conforms to the latest international passport standards. The Electronic Passport logo will be displayed in all airports and transit ports equipped with special readers. This way they assured of the fastest and most efficient processing in the Immigration. 

I applied this passport book last week. Right after my oath-taking husband and I headed straight to our City Hall services office in the Mall.

The following required documents I submitted are:

1. Fill Out Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport
2. My original U.S. Citizenship Certificate (they will send it back by mail)
3. Present Identification (Driver License)
4. One Passport Photo

The applicable fee:

I paid Application Fee $110 + Acceptance Fee $25 ( acceptance fee is for the first timer applicant). And since I have a schedule to travel abroad on the up coming weeks the lady in the office insist me to expedited my application cause it takes 4 weeks before I'll received the passport book, unless I will compromise my travel schedule. I  won't take any chances in this case so I obliged to pay the Expedited Fee of $60 plus Overnight delivery of $12.72 plus $25 something for the local City Hall service fee. 

I paid a total of $207. 82

I received my passport book in the mail after a week of my application. It pays to pay extra but if only I don't have schedule to travel very soon I won't pay that extra fee.

Now it's about time for me to relax. :)

No comments: