Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mick Jagger, The Rolling Stones

Who is Mick Jagger? Maroon5 latest song (Moves like Jagger) sing about him. That was my 21 year old boy colleague asked to everyone in the room (including me).

check Maroon5 Moves Like Jagger video here


Other girls didn't pay attention to him.
The other boy colleague answered him, " Mick Jagger is the lead vocalist of Rolling Stones band ".
The 21 year old boy colleague answered him back with sarcasm, "So?".
The other boy colleague said, " Dude, you obviously don't know who Rolling Stones is. Don't you know that the Stones was a famous Rock' n Roll band in the 60s, 70s, 80s and even until 90s or up to now? They're big time, bro!"


I can't help but joined their conversation. I agree with the other boy colleague I told them. The Stones were sensational, famous band like the Beatles. Compare with the Beatles, the Rolling Stones are more into Rock music. Thanks to them. They're the one who made the Rock' n Roll music become so famous in the world.  And because of their fame many women pay so much attention to their lead vocalist Mick Jagger. Not only Mick is talented, he has also an ooze sex appeal especially when he performs on stage. Whenever he moves every women going nuts!

Photos: Person in front from left to right: Mick Jagger, and Charlie Watts. Person at the back from left to right: Bill Wyman, Brian Jones, and Keith Richards - THE ROLLING STONES

The Rolling Stones band started became famous in the 60s I wasn't even born yet, up until late 70s when I was born so I barely remember anything in the world that era. I started hearing their name in the late 80s growing up because my uncles love the Stones. My uncles and his friends keeps playing their records multiple times a day. Of course, I keep also hearing the Stones famous songs on the radio as well. All I remember is I like their song Angie. But that was it. I have no idea who they are.

Angie
 

It was until I met my MIL (mother-in-law) 5 years ago who happen  a big follower of the Stones. Don't get ever started her, she's a genius when it comes to them. I bet she'll win if she joins the name-a-tune-contest
about the Stones. She knows everything about them. She grew up in that era. MIL show me her Stones records collection from their first till their very last albums, even Mick Jagger and Keith Richards respectively solo albums. She have them all. MIL also collects the Stones books (lots of them), magazines, and other Stones merchandises.

MIL has a huge frame of this Mick Jagger photo on the wall in her bed room. I don't blame her. How can you not like Mick? She really is a solid fan of the Stones.

I was able to read the auto biography books of Mick Jagger and Keith Richards I borrowed from MIL. I blown away. If only I have a time machine I'll go back to their era to watch them perform when they're still young. Glad I can Youtube them now! Teeheee! I now know how big the Stones band was. I'm sure you heard their songs. The DJ are still playing it on the radio nowadays.

Who will not know this?

image credits: google images
video credits: youtube

1 comment:

Ren said...

How come you don't have any comments on here? The Stones are, like, one of THE GREATEST bands in the world. Bless you child, for posting this :)