Thursday, November 10, 2011

To Apply For U.S. Citizenship


I came here in the U.S. base on Fiance Visa. I married to a wonderful American man during 90 days before my Fiance Visa expires. I then applied the 2year conditional Green Card (Permanent Residence). Then, I file a petition to remove the condition of my green card in order to remain a permanent resident during the 90 days before the card expires. This time the conditional card can not be renewed. I have 10 years permanent residence card.

After 4 years of legally living with my U.S citizen husband I am legible to apply for a Naturalization Citizenship.

The following documents I submitted for naturalization are:
1. Filled out form of N400
2. Personal check ( for filing fee $595 plus biometric fee $85 for a total of $680)
3. A photocopy of both sides of my Permanent Resident Card
4. 2 identical color 2x2 photographs of myself
5. A photocopy of my marriage certificate

I sent it all via USPS overnight/express mail. They have better service and price compare to other couriers.
Check USCIS website for more details of the application process.


My N400 application timeline:


June 13,2011 - Sent out my application documents
July 07, 2011 - Received NOA (notice of action) 1 for accepting my application
July 18, 2011 - Received NOA 2 for Biometric appointment
July 28, 2011 - Biometric/Fingerprinting @ 10AM

September 12, 2011 - Received NOA 3 for Interview/ Civic test schedule

October 17, 2011 - Interview and Civic test (I passed!) @ 3:30 PM
November 02, 2011 - NOA 4 for Oath taking appointment
November 10, 2011 - Oath Taking ceremony @ 7:30 AM


I now officially American, and I am very proud of it. :) I hope this what I'm sharing at least help you provides ideas on how the process goes. Good luck to those applicants!

No comments: