Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Homestyle Cooking: Mussels with white wine

Bought this Mussels at my favorite seafood market in the neighborhood PennDutch. This is about a pound for $6 more. Not bad, eh.


I wash the mussels thoroughly to clean out the sand on it. Then I boil it for just a few minute, when the shell about to open up that's it transfer them in a big bowl.

On the other hand, I saute the minced garlic (3 gloves garlic), sliced tomatoes (1 big whole tomato), sliced shallots (2 shallots), season it with salt and pepper before I add the 1/4 cup white wine. Let it boil in a few minutes, when it boils add the minced fresh parsley ( 1 teaspoon) and 1 tablespoon of butter. Mix it all together then pour the mussels into the sauce pan. Done. That's it!

I serve it with Italian wheat bread or baguettes.


No comments: