Monday, April 23, 2012

My Friends' Visit

Last couple of weeks ago husband and I picked up our dear friend at Fort Lauderdale International airport. She stayed with us for a couple of days before we all three heading to New York, New York. 

Husband and I arrived at the airport 35 minutes early before her arrival time. Driving to Fort Lauderdale airport is like a breeze. To park a car inside the airport is easy especially the airline  my friend is taking in is at Terminal 1.

In the parking area there is this map guide.

The arrival gate is in second floor so we have to take an elevator or escalator to go to. Since this escalator is nearer from where we at we decided taking it.

We finally at Terminal 1 gate.


After couple of minutes sitting in the waiting area my friend M has finally arrived. She was sitting in the last row that's why she came out last. But I was relief and happy to see her coming toward us. We are all excited!


DH and my friend M are taking the walking escalator heading to the car parking area.


Driving home we sighted this beautiful sunset on the road. I welcome my friend with this view. She loves it. She saw the sun is too big.


After she settled her stuff in a room downstairs. I prepare our dinner. She told me not to cook rice, she wants vegetable salad. I made her sweet bell pepper with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, and watercress. Tossed it with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.



I also make pansit (pinoy noodles with veges no meat), and roasted pork.


For our dessert I make creme brulee. She loves it. I gave her my recipe.


We talk a lot till midnight. We didn't realize how much we miss each other and that we have so many stories to catch up. I'm glad she came. We had a blast. I miss her already.

No comments: