Monday, June 25, 2012

New York Churches: St. Patrick's Cathedral

Went here early morning on our day 3 vacation in NYC. This massive cathedral is situated across from Rockefeller Center on 5th Avenue, and is also a walking distance from where we stayed in at Hilton hotel. Before this, I was eager to visit this cathedral as family-in-law once told me a great (funny) story about my husband when he was a child.  Time came, finally! I was able to step foot this famous cathedral of the country. 

Many tourist comes here everyday. No wonder the security is tight inside and out around the cathedral.  A security must check your bag before they allow you to snoop around the area. Taking picture of decorative is limited. One of the security stop me to do so.  This was happen when I was at the main altar. I am not disappointed. I totally respect them. It was a valuable item that needs to protect. Being here to see the famous landmark in NYC is enough for me. 

It is definitely one of the highlights for this trip. St. Patrick's cathedral is not only rich in history but it is no doubt a beautiful church.

I'm not sure which entrance is this. All I know, there are so many entrances in this massive church.

This is at the back side of the cathedral.

I am impress by this old architectural works. So medieval.

A massive columns, a beautiful arches is the neo-gothic- style reminds me in the old movies that I had watched.

An isle towards the main altar is pretty long.

Numerous impressive altars design wowed me.


The stained glass windows tells a catholic biblical stories. The gold gothic chandelier style is just so beautiful.

One of many altars inside the cathedral. Each Patron has its own beautiful altar represent them. To lit a candle has a fee for donation.



Travel Period: April 2012

No comments: