Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Smoothie


Fruits like melon, mango, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, kiwi are in season. During this time (summer time) they are inexpensive to buy so I grab the opportunity for me to make a juice at home. Home made juice is so healthy- I don't even bother to eat my normal food at night when I had a juice, it doesn't make me hungry at all.  

I found a great juice recipes from Prevention magazine mom gave me. I already make them all, it was yum! Today, I'll share with you the tropical type of juice, it is called Sunrise Smoothie. All you need to have are: 1 cup  ripe mango chunks, 1/2 banana, chopped, 1 tsp fresh  lime juice, 1/4 tsp finely grated fresh ginger, 1 ice cube, 2 tsp honey, 2 seedless watermelon chunks.

For the first layer,  puree first 6 ingredients and pour into glasses. And then top with pureed watermelon. The ingredients are blend pretty well. You'll find how amazing it taste. So good.

No comments: