Monday, October 29, 2012

Volunteerism

Part of my benefits working at my current employer right now is having a 16hours (2 working days) volunteer-time-share each year to any organization (who accept volunteerism) of my choice. It'll forfeit once I don't use it. This year, for the first time I used my volunteer-time-share to work with SOS Children's Villages here in our neighbor city. Through United Way organization I was able to work with them along with my other colleagues. It was a whole lot of fun. We did painting, cleaning, and gardening the SOS Children's Villages homes- its an orphanage home. I'm glad I joined this type of event because not only I get paid while doing this, but I dedicated my precious time for creating a beautiful environment for the children at the SOS Children's Villages and I met new people. It was a fun and rewarding experience. I will sure do it again by next year.

No comments: