Sunday, December 16, 2012

Travelog: Palace of Versailles (Part 1)

The main reason why we went to Versailles city in France is to see the Chateu de Versailles. This palace is the most prestigious and extravagant I have ever seen. No wonder it is one of the highly visited tourist attraction in France, perhaps in the world. An hour train ride from Paris to here is so worth it you'll never get disappoint, in fact my husband and I wanted to stay here much longer because we haven't seen the entire palace. Unfortunately we need to go back to Paris in the evening. I guess it is much better to stay at a hotel in Versailles city for a couple of days for us to see what we wanted to see. Such a nice small city.

From train station we opted to walk for about 30minutes to the palace. Although there are buses to take us here for a short ride, but my DH and I loves to walk and see places so... we slowly drag our feet to reach here. We had such a blast.

The palace entrance.

Many tourists including myself are heading to the main ground of the palace.

The government house and the palace chapel facade are gorgeous.

This door lead us to the ticket office. We purchase an independent tour for only 15,00 euro p/p- it access us to all parts of the chateau exhibits with an audioguide.

The view of Versailles city from the palace.




Enter the gate made of gold. Such a magnificent sight!

This alone tells you how rich and extravagance the former French Royals are.

Grand!

This is at the back of the palace. Quite astonishing.

This leads to the lake and garden which I'll show you for my next post.

The fountain




Travel Period: November 2012

No comments: