Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ancient Roman Colosseum

This amphitheater began in A.D.72, covered with marble, and it could hold 80,000 spectators who watched the games combats by the gladiators. Imagine watching live of the gladiators bloody fighting each other? Insane! I can only imagine.
 
Being able to be here and see this famous ancient Roman Colosseum in person is such a dream come true. I was really amazed how solid the foundation the Romans put into to make it even stronger as to why it stood still until now. Magnificent, doesn't it? One of famous iconic monument in the world. Very classic.
 
The Colosseum was closed by the time we arrived at the entrance. I thought it's still early that time around 4PM, unfortunately business is over for the day. So my quest to see the interior was a big dismay. Oh well, there's always a next time. :)
 
This whole experienced makes me happy enough.
 








Travel Period: November 2012

No comments: