Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rome Italy: Castel Sant' Angelo (Castle of Angel)

This impressive fortress was originally constructed as a mausoleum (tomb) for the Emperor Hadrian and his family. Built in A.D. 135.  After so many years this building convert to a military fortress until the building was later used by the popes as a fortress and castle, and is now a museum.

Entrance fee is 11,50 euro p/p

Some areas in here are very creepy and dark. This was a tomb you know, and I scared of ghost (even though I haven't seen one) LOL. And so asked my husband to go up the terraces. We finally manage to went up the top terraces after walking around the circle in this castle. We trek the narrow stairs up here, and we get rewarded by the great panoramic views in all of Rome. It was beautiful. I'll post that photos on my next entry. For now enjoy some of the photos of the castle I took.















Battle room

Stone balls used as weapon during medieval period

This was the high officials apartment

The beauty of the Castel at night. It lit up!

Travel Period: November 2012

No comments: