Friday, March 01, 2013

Vatican City, Italy: The Holy Place Grounds

There are eight microstates in Europe, Vatican City is one of them. Vatican City is the world's smallest independent country and is ruled by the Papal (Pope), known as the bishop of Rome. But, geographically speaking, Vatican City is close proximity to Rome. Its population is between 600 and 700.

St. Peter's Basilica is located within Vatican City designed by Michelangelo, Bernini, etc. It is the mother church of all the Roman Catholic Church in the world. St. Peter is famous as a place of pilgrimage. There are so many people from around the world going here everyday to see the church and pray, and hoping to see the Papal. The line is way too long to go inside, but that doesn't disappoint me, it moves quickly.

Before we go inside St. Peter Church, let me show the Vatican City grounds. The entire place is walkable within minutes just to look around. I find myself amaze at how the old structural buildings are beautiful. At how I feel the place is holy. I can sense the vibe is different than the city of Rome.















Travel Period: November 2012

No comments: