Friday, April 05, 2013

Orvieto, Italy: The hills view

One thing I like about Europe is easy to get around by train. It is so convenient to hop a train, and the next thing you know you've arrived the other country. Same thing when you go to any regional city in Italy, it is very easy to reach by train. Orvieto is about an hour from Roma termini station by train. Lies in the southwest of Umbria region.

There is no doubt I love hill town in Italy! One of the reasons I find Italy so appealing is due to its beautiful hilltop towns. Orvieto is so far my favorite. It take my breath away. The place is so dramatic and beautiful. Orvieto has a stunning perch overlooking Umbria's green hillsides.








The walls of the town are built right into the natural rock.


Travel Period: November 2012

No comments: